DEVELOP YOUR CAREER WITH US
As part of our capacity building strategy, Read-Online.Org started its staff development programme in Mach 2012. This programme involves an internship scheme that enables the participants to prepare for a future career as researchers and analysts with us.
DURATION & VENUE
The first Researcher-Analyst Internship programme currently runs from 1st March to 30th June 2012. It is non-residential. Nevertheless, interns will participate in a special residential session of one week midway through the internship. The venue of this first session is Luxembourg. Venues of future sessions will be decided before the starting date of the internship.
Applications are welcomed from candidates in any country from any part of the world. Candidates from Asia and Latin America, especially those who would like a career as analysts with Read-Online.Org are particularly encouraged to apply for the internship scheme.
Applicants must ideally be in their final year of university studies or recent graduates with a minimum of a first university degree in a subject related to the field of interest. In addition s/he must
- have an excellent level of written English (a second language especially French or Spanish will be an advantage)
- possess a very analytical mind
- be very creative and willing to further develop his or her creative writing skills
- be motivated and passionate about writing
- be very inquisitive and determined,
In addition, the applicant must
- have a good practical knowledge of the use of communication tools and search engines
- be able to work independently and to do teleworking
- have a strong sense of initiative and responsibility
- be result oriented and driven by the quest to resolve complex issues
- be fairly active on social and professional networks
FIELD OF EXPERTISE
As Read-Online.Org covers all subject areas that have international dimensions and ramifications, we encourage applicants of all educational and professional backgrounds ranging from finance, economics and politics to science, technology and technological innovation.
The programme entails:
- extensive gathering of information, both quantitative and qualitative
- analysis of information collected
- preparing of articles based on such information
- disseminating and promoting the articles and reports
- responding to critics of the report, and where necessary,
- preparing a revised version of the report
The intern operates under the control and supervision of designated members of the Read-Online.Org editorial board.
A training contract will be signed with the intern. Interns will not be remunerated during the training period. Financial support will be provided to enable the intern to participate in the residential session of the training.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation together with detailed curriculum vitae to Personnel@Read-Online.Org
Please be informed that the next internship programme will be limited to a few candidates who will be selected on the basis of first come first served. Thus interested persons are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, but not later than 30 June 2012.